5 Cleaning Hacks That Will Make Your Life That Little Bit Better
Cleaning is one of those necessary evils. Nobody likes to do it, but everyone has to do it. So any tips on how to do it quicker and easier will go a long way to making someone’s day that little bit better. Here are some tried and true tricks that people have been using to do just that.
1. Forget to spend your hard earned dollars on fancy bathroom cleaners
You can clean tiles and shower doors (including that white scum that can build up) by warming a cup of vinegar in the microwave, adding a cup of dish soap, mixing and pouring into a spray bottle. Spray the area, let it sit overnight, then wipe clean the next day.
2. Alternatively, fill a dishwashing wand with vinegar and dish soap and keep it in your shower
Before every couple of showers, scrub down the walls and rinse off as you wash (finally something you can do while waiting for the conditioner to work its magic!)
3. Does your pet shed hair everywhere? Forget the vacuum and use a rubber squeegee to get the hair out of carpet
It’s actually more effective anyway (bonus tip: this is a perfect pocket money job for younger kids that spend more time close to the floor.)
4. Repurpose finished paper towel, aluminum foil and plastic wrap rolls to store various cords and cables
Simply cut into 15cm lengths, coil cords and cables and place into the roll to keep them separated. Think of all those hours of untangling mixed cords you’ll save over a year!
5. Got a food-spattered microwave? Reduce your cleaning time by heating a small bowl filled with vinegar for a few minutes
The steam will help loosen any grime for easy clean up. This also works with lemon juice and water – though vinegar is arguably cheaper!